07/03/2008

This is my political piece

Been getting a lot of flak for my political stance lately, especially among the older set. Which I don't really understand, seeing as I'm supporting a "don't care, don't wanna know" stance anyway. Apparently, not enough young people are voting.

Huh, big surprise there.

I mean, have you seen the choices we're presented with? Blue, a lighter blue, green, red, white and blue. They sound the same; religion, blah blah, race, less corruption, more corruption, blah blah. BN or PAS or PKR or whatever.

I even went to a rally, just to see what it's like. And yeah . . . not hearing anything interesting here, only more attacks against whatever other party is competing against the organisers.

Where are the hard issues? When are they going to come up with a working manifesto that actually addresses what's wrong, instead of . . . fluff. (So God help me, have you seen Pas's manifesto? Abolish taxes? Free tolls? Are we going back to the '60's? Or will this create a religious utopia unlike any we've ever seen? And yes, this is sarcasm.)

I want a cleanup of the judiciary, a split from the body politic and the body government. I want a better education system, taught in English, like what we're promised. I want a clear split between religion and Government. I want a political system and Parliament for the people, by the people.

Instead, I get the same bloody thing every election year; nonsense manifesto's, parties competing for change, without a plan of what to change.

And you older people wonder why we're not voting. Sorry, we grew up with CNN and BBC, Al Jazeera and the Internet. We're far more politically informed and far better read. We actually know better than you what we want. So we'll wait, until your generation has run this country to the ground.

And then we'll build it up again. And hopefully avoid all the mistakes you've made.

4 comments:

John Kusairi Dheraman said...

kudos blek...i got the funny feeling that one of my close friend will gonna be a politician one day....amin...

Tonox said...

Couldn't agree more. In a nutshell, apart from my extreme laziness to register as a legitimate voter, there's really nothing worth voting for. Especially when we all know that ultimately, the nation is programmed to vote for 'white scales on top of blue'. There simply isn't any other 'alternative choice'.

Rhyme over Reason said...

Ahahahahha. Berjuang atas platform "I don't know about you, but seriously, I don't care what happens".

In 4 years, we'll be 30, thinking of our kid's education, and of leaving a legacy that they'll be proud of carrying.

Lets see what happens then.

cd said...

demm! the same reason i'm not register (again) in this election.